Friday, July 20, 2007

Buddhism's self as I see it.

Because all things are thus conditioned and transient (anicca), they have no real independent identity (anatta) so do not truly ‘exist’, though to ordinary minds this appears to be the case. All phenomena are therefore fundamentally insubstantial and ‘empty’ (sunya).wiki


So I have no inherent identity, nature, essence; I am emptiness, nothingness, openness. In other words,
form is emptiness and the very emptiness is form heart sutra


So
I am simply the world. ....The bird sings. and I am that.The sun rises, and I am that. The moon shines and I am that...Every event "see itself" page 252 "simple feeling of Being"

It is emptiness that hears the bird sings, that sees the moon shine.
You as emptiness, as nothingness, as openness never go and never come;you are eternal, and yet you as the bird come and go, you as the moon come and go.
Where do you go when your body decay? ---I(form) am nothing from the beggining, and nothingness is the form(the world). I as emptiness go nowhere. And you will see me anytime because every form is empty that is no different from me.

But that is not all.
To place oneself in the position of God is painful: being God is equivalent to being tortured. For being God means that one is in harmony with all that is, including the worst. The existence of the worst evils is unimaginable unless God willed them.
Georges Bataille


You can replace God with Nothingness.And it amounts to be saying you are tortured, since you are nothingness. Buddha would not support assertion that nothingness willed evils, because "will" is ultimately a mirage for him, but I think it conveys well the source of Buddha's compassion; it is inflicting pains and agony to itself and there is nothing other than itself

No comments: